Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Do you Run??

Hello All,

I received a video a while back that made me think about the normal process of life.

I think Life feels as if it is designed as a challenge; A challenge to remain motivated in spite of the routines that "Life" naturally seems to bring us. You know what I mean, we have to have systems and schedules which lead to routines in order to be successful BUT the real balance is not allowing our lives to be controlled by the routines that come along with building the necessary systems.

Let me give you an example.

In building our businesses we work very hard to examine each hour of every day and how to allow those hours to have measurement, goals and accomplishments attached to them. We look at our 3 major Calendars (Marketing, Operations and PERSONAL) and determine what we will put into our lives that will help us reach our goals for our businesses and for each of us personally. We try so hard to follow and refine our system so that we can get GREAT results from what we are doing.

We study the results. We discuss the results with those around us. We make decisions based on what the systems helped us create.  And finally we make alterations to our system so that we create a better system to perform at a higher level moving forward.

All of these things are needed to become better people. I have known people who do not have systems, who do not set goals and ultimately achieve very little professionally or personally in their lives. We must have Jobs and measurements and Car payments and House Payments and responsibilities and structure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT

I want to always push myself to be stronger and I have to remember to PLAN on finding the excitement needed to build these great systems which allow me to truly succeed.

When I was a kid everything I did held excitement, passion, curiosity and the joy of learning. As I grew into adulthood the routines that started taking over seemed to zap some of that Joy. I know that we can have both!

We can set goals, build dreams, develop systems, help other people and remain passionate but this takes understanding. I mentioned that we should all have the 3 calendars in running our Businesses, I capitalized the PERSONAL calendar because I think people understand the reasoning for operations and marketing calendars (Responsibilities) but often take the PERSONAL for granted.

What feeds you?

This calendar should have Your exercise, Your reading, Your time away to re-energize, Your affirmations, Your time for gratitude, Your hobbies! Your Plan for Passion!!

As a kid it was so easy to have time to remain a kid but then it happened, we grew up. Lets make sure that the routine that life delivers as we grow up does not zap the joy and freedom we had as kids to do new things.

The day after receiving this video I had a talk with a friend of mine about how important it is for me to understand me. I need to plan to  make those things happen that feed my spirit. I hope this video means as much to you as it did to me. Systems can be great, Routines can be boring BUT Life should always be exciting.

How do you make this happen for you? Start with a PERSONAL calendar that can feed you with great things and then use that energy to build a great system for you and all of those around you to reach great goals!

Run Video Click here........

No comments:

Post a Comment